Wednesday 16th Skype discussion

In the Skype session on the 16th of October, the topics of conversation that really resonated with me were ethics and artefacts. I had been struggling with ethical considerations within my inquiry but it wasn't until someone made an interesting point of using questions like who, what, where did it really click for me. People aren't identical they are individual. We aren't all from the same area, don't have the same background, haven't had the same upbringing etc so it is important to ask yourself these questions and not assume that everyone is similar to you.

Another interesting point that was discussed was that of an artefact. I am quite a logical thinker and always want to explain my thoughts in a logical and matter of fact manner. This course, however, has changed my way of thinking and helped me see that there is not a straight forward answer to everything and there can be a 'grey area', it isn't all black and white! Now in Module 3, I am contemplating upon on how to use the artefact to portray my way of thinking and my journey in the inquiry process but how this can be done through my practice. This is something I will decide upon and start creating in the analysis process of my inquiry but it has definitely given me food for thought!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ethics within my Professional Practice

Skype Call - The Ways Ideas can be Communicated

Amalgamation of Data